Sunday, June 13, 2010

1st Team Update

Hello everyone! Sorry we have been silent about the blog. Our internet card has not been working well. We have just arrived in Moshi and beautiful Mt. Kilimanjaro greeted us. We arrived in Kenya Friday and after going to the Guest house we went to MCC. The students lined the streets to greet us and my heart felt happy. I thanked God for letting us return to all our beautiful children. They sang and seemed overjoyed to see us. Garbage was piled high near the school and that will be our first priority - to remove the garbage pile.
On Saturday at 6:00 AM we left Nairobi and drove 9 hours to Tarangire. We had a wonderful visit. The highlight was 4 Cheetah. We left after lunch and came to Moshi. Tomorrow Bob goes to KCMC and we hope to return to our internet in a few days and post photos. My camera was stolen out of our luggage but will post pictures provided by Aaron.
Thanks for your prayers and love,
Carroll

3 comments:

  1. Carroll, I am so happy to hear from you. We have been praying for each of you. Glad you are in TZ. We look forward to being with you very soon. Love to all.

    Beth and NC Team <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. In so many ways, I am so glad I have been there. With each post, I will picture in my mind where you are, the scenery, the sights, smells, roads, etc. Once you have been there, Africa calls to you doesn't it? Prayers are with you. One thing I don't miss is that 9 hour drive. Actually I think I wouldn't call it a drive. More like a trek!
    Love to all, Judie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is in my mind. I have never felt so overwhelmed, loved, happy, and so many other emotions at one time. They are amazing! You are right Judie -it is calling!

    ReplyDelete