Thursday, July 8, 2010

An Amazing Experience





It has always been my dream to go to Africa so when I found out Glady Branch was going I was ecstatic. The trip was amazing, something I, or anyone in our group, will never forget. Working at the Mercy Care Centre showed my heart even more how much I want to live in Africa someday - and now I know exactly where in Africa I can live and what I can do. I wanted to share a couple of my pictures that I took during this amazing 3 week trip. Some are funny - like Micah kissing the giraffe, some are breathtaking - like the view picture of the slums, and some are just informative - the elephants were adorable, as were the other animals we encountered. The little girl I'm holding is Wendy, she was the sweetest little street child and came to sit with us every day we were working. It was heartbreaking to leave her. The animals and scenery were breathtaking. I want to sincerely thank everyone for the contributions and prayer that went into making this trip possible. Mercy Care Centre and the students touched all our hearts and I know they will never be forgotten and most, if not all, from our group would love to go back and grow the relationships we began.

No comments:

Post a Comment