Thursday, July 8, 2010





This wall was my personal project throughout our week at Mercy Care. We put a new base layer on the wall - the bright green. I then came up with a new design to go over the real-life heart on the right side. I decided to stick with the heart theme but draw the cute heart overlapped with a cross. I wanted to keep Africa on the left side of the wall because it shows the students geography and I think Africa is a beautiful country. We also repainted the sign to go over their main building because the previous one was beginning to crack the paint was chipping. I loved having this project and it gave me time to get to know some the students that helped and play with the street children that were always around that area. I also ended up helping the Thompsons some while my paint was drying, which created new friendships. I'm so thankful for everything that took place while we were over there and I'm proud to be able to say that I helped make an impact at Mercy Care Centre during our trip.

2 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job, Breanna. The school looked so much more "inviting" and warm after your beautiful art was completed. I actually love the new heart and especially the cross. To me, it represents the true meaning of the MCC - Christ's love shared with these children.
    I am so glad you went with our team this year. Each person brought their own talents and it was a great experience for all.

    Love you!
    Beth <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go and learn and be a part of this amazing experience. I am definitely going back, hopefully sooner than later! God has really done some amazing work in Mathare Valley and I know he's going to do so much more and I pray I can experience some more first hand over there.

    ReplyDelete